Forest Grove Oregon: "Has Something For You"
Welcome to Forest Grove, a beautiful senic city just past Cornelius and known as a great place to live, learn, work and play. Incorporated in 1872, Forest Grove maintains its origional historic charm and small town friendliness while offering conveniences of a growing city of more than 20,000 people
Forest Grove offers scenic beauty of surrounding vineyards and rich agricultural lands, and has easy highway access into Portland's metropolitan district. The economy is diverse and the top employers include a high tech circuit board manufacturer, a four-year accredited university, a timber company, and the makers of Maraschino cherries.
Forest Grove transcends the college-town atmosphere with its exquisite wineries, unique stores and restaurants and a historic lodge. Located in the foothills of the Pacific Coast mountain range, at the base of the Tillamook State Forest, the city has lush green trees and vibrant agricultural areas. Pacific University is the heart of this community, which allows the city to embrace its quaint and quirky personality. As with many college towns, Forest Grove has a burgeoning arts and culture scene. Its rural charm is highlighted by its six wineries, including the world’s only American-owned sakery. A small college-town with big city tastes, Forest Grove is a destination to please even the most discriminating traveler.
Whether you are planning a visit, planning a move, new to the area or are among one of the many long-time residents, this is the place to start your home search.
Fun Facts About Forest Grove:
- Forest Grove is home to about 20,000 people
- The Zip Code is 97116 and the Area Code is 503
- Total area is about 5.40 square miles
- Median Home Price is around $250,000
- Offers 4 Elementary Schools, 1 Middle School and 1 High School
- Home to 22 area churches, 9 city parks, a skate park, indoor city swimming pool & 12 tennis courts
- 5 Area golf courses including the world famous Pumpkin Ridge
- 6 Local winries and tasting rooms
- Outdoor recreation from fishing, swimming, hiking, camping, golf and horseback riding
- 1st Wednesday of each month features a downtown celebration
- Farmers Market runs every Wednesday from May to October
City Website - http://www.forestgrove-or.gov/
County Website - http://www.co.washington.or.us
State Website - http://www.oregon.gov/
Business Licenses - http://www.filinginoregon.com/forms/business.htm
Economic Development - http://www.fgchamber.org/partnership.html
Search ALL Forest Grove Homes for Sale. For more information about living in Forest Grove, contact Jason Gardner, local real estate specialist with The Gardner Team at John L. Scott Real Estate for all your local and/or relocation residential, lots & land, new construction and luxury home needs.
Buyer/Seller Direct: (971) 832-1234 | firstname.lastname@example.org